Express Scripts Director of Operations, Fulfillment in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is responsible for the management and direction of an individual operation. The role will plan, coordinate and direct order entry, order production for dispensing, verification of prescriptions within corporate and regulatory guidelines. The job function is responsible for managing quality, cost and service targets along with client-specific SLA requirements. This role may also include managing projects, driving change management and roll out to core pharmacies. The position is responsible for annual strategic planning for site operation and will set and manage budget to meet corporate cost-per-fill goals. Periodically report site production and costs to management.
- Responsible for managing and driving the execution of projects, delegating responsibility to team members, project support resources and core site pharmacy leaders for driving change management.
- Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client-specific contractual requirements.
- Oversee implementation of new clients.
- Foster ongoing client relationships by troubleshooting escalated issues.
- Responsible for managing the pharmacy performance to budget, key product and quality metrics, performance reviews and development of staff
- Develop and build leadership talent and capability within their team and direct reports.
- Providing stretch learning and development assignments to leaders reporting to this Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or 16-20 years relevant work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in an operations management role with a focus on lean methodology and continuous improvements
- Demonstrated leadership skills, to include direct management of various levels of staff
- Experience in distribution or warehouse environment preferred
- Operations knowledge and experience required – includes specific experience using data analytics and reporting as a means to manage
- Lean, Six Sigma or related certification preferred
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies
- Analytical thinking and demonstrated ability to leverage data for problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and delegate to direct and indirect reports
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work towards specific deliverables within a environments of tight deadlines and significant pressure
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Operational decision-making (staffing, demand planning, quality, etc.)
- Ability to manage toward Safety, Quality, Service, and Budget goals.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.