Express Scripts Director, Financial Analysis in St. Louis, Missouri
The Business Director – SAM Finance is accountable for any finance and sales metric support for the Health Plan Division and Medicare Insurance (PDP and Fully Insured EGWP) divisions. This includes all owning the overall budget/forecast/strategic plan process and financials for these divisions. This information will include lives, ARx, rate relief, gross margin, etc. This position will coordinate the analysis of actual results compared to budget/forecast. The business director will be the primary contact for receiving and answering division and internal client questions and will coordinate business practices between the various finance divisional supports.
- Accountable for ensuring the proper analysis is completed and comprehensive explanations for variances are provided to the both divisional leadership and finance.
- Attend senior staff/management financial meetings and effectively present the divisional financial performance compared to budget/forecast/strategic plan.
- Lead our Product New Sales Solutions (upsells) process inclusive of margin tracking, scorecard targets and tracking, and forecasting with significant interaction with all levels of Sales Account Management and Product teams.
- This role will report our to Product Management Leadership on a recurring basis.
- primary interaction with several GM’s – Healh Plans, PDP (CFO function) and all GM’s – Product upsells.
- BS in Economics, Statistics, Finance or other quantitative area; MBA a plus.
- 6-10 years of relevant analytical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience
- PBM, healthcare, pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, financial modeling skills a plus.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter; able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran