Express Scripts Director, Contact Center Operations in St. Louis, Missouri
The Director, Contact Center Operations is responsible for driving strategic and operational oversight, control, and productivity management to our network of outsourced providers and contact center teams. We are seeking a tenacious, energetic leader who is passionate about building strong teams, providing the best member and client experience and more importantly, delivering results.
- Accountable for building a strong partnership with our internal teams, partner (vendor) sites, including executive leadership level (VP/SVP), andestablishing/monitoringpartner site performance against contract terms.
- Lead development of our outsourced provider strategy. Provide recommendations on in/out-sourcing decisions and selection of primary and alternative partners.
- Primary contact and will own dailyrelationship/communicationwith partner sites and appropriate business stakeholders.
- Develop strategic plans to support business growth, focusing on operational plans to support business scale and management of clear business requirements.
- Utilize quantitative data to drive business decisions and demonstrate measurable value added to the organization.
- Oversees strategic partner sourcing, on-boarding, daily management which includes, hiring, training, evaluation of staff, call volume and service standards review, invoicing, PG/SLA management, and transition/exit plan efforts.
- Participates in partner’s strategic initiatives and ensures company programs are in alignment with our internal objectives. Brings best practices to internal sites for implementation.
- Ensures that each partner meets company criteria, according to established guidelines (documentation, quality, business practices, ethics, regulatory, contractual, CMS, and pharmacy compliance obligations).
- Proactively reviews results to preempt customer dissatisfaction and ensure performance targets are met.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of the operation’s procedures and determine/implement process improvements to promote employee satisfaction, and decrease operational expense.
- Lead root cause analysis and solution deployment plans for the site(s).
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Lead a team ofmanagers/supervisors,and virtual employees handling member-related inquiries/complaints in multiple sites.
- Works to develop employee’s leadership skills, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee-related issues and corrective disciplinary actions.
- Acts as a liaison to account management and the client. Actively participates in theclient-implementationprocess and on-going review.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders across the organization, such as Ops Finance, Procurement, Legal/Compliance, Technology, Workforce Management, Supply Chain, and Account Management.
- Influences recommendations to key stakeholders through strong negotiation, written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 16-20 years work experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8-10 years of work experience in a relevant operations environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Team player, critical/enterprise thinker, and problem solver.
- Expert in managing dependencies, steering teams towards milestones, and collaborating across multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Serves as an advocate and change agent, persuades and influences courageously at all levels of the organization.
- Communicates recommendations to management/senior business leaders through effective written and verbal communication.
- Anticipates internal stakeholder and external client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short- and long-term solutions.
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Perceptive Operations Leader who ensures effective and efficient running of business operations, closing all the gaps as needed (no detail is left in the “undefined/unknown” state).
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated record of achieving goals, promoting accountability across teams. Confident ability to drive tasks through to completion.
- Ability to create executive-level presentations.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and self-managed leader having a strong ownership mentality.
- Ability to manage change, timelines and balance multiple deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Coaching, mentoring and driving a vision for continuous improvement.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- General knowledge of Microsoft applications and experience in the pharmaceutical, PBM or Healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in often-ambiguous situations to solve complex problems and improve quality and member/client experience.
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relation issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
- Travel required – 25-50%
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Operations Division enables the organization to reach its business goals by optimizing operational performance. They accomplish this through a shared service model, utilizing specialized resources and providing cross-functional insight to ensure quality and consistency for our members and clients.
This division is made up of several key teams including Member & Home Delivery Services, Strategy & Transformation, Analytics, and Quality & Process Improvement.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.