Express Scripts Director, Client-Driven Clinical Solutions Sales Support in St. Louis, Missouri
TheDirector, Client-Driven Clinical Solutions Sales Support will be responsible for supporting solutions sales for a book of Express Scripts clients. This person will serve as the dedicated subject-matter expert in clinical solutions for the account team partners to work with to drive new solutions sales.
- Client-Facing Clinical/Clinical Program Subject Matter Expert for clinical and trend solutions (all lines of business), including:
- Opioid management programs
- Managing trend and coordinating the benefit across the medical and pharmacy benefits
- Managing fraud, waste, and abuse
- Retrospective health and safety programs
- Adherence programs
- Utilization management on pharmacy and medical benefits
- Patient remote monitoring options across various disease states
- Understand the market landscape and demonstrate ability to build appropriate client specific strategies
- Develop deep expertise in clinical and trend solutions to support client and internal partner questions in the sales process
- Train partner AEs, CAEs and cross-functional partners to develop a bench of clinical knowledge and methods to overcome barriers for use in the client solution sales process
- Partner with Product Owners, Marketing and Training to quickly learn product updates and develop solution positioning strategies and deploy training resources to educate account teams on differentiating product updates
- Participate in regular team meetings and training for account team regions or CSTs to stay integrated with new sales processes and education
- Gather client and account team feedback on solutions to inform Product Ownership and contribute to continuous solution improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 16 to 20 years of experience.
- 10 to 14 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience or 5 to 7 years experience with current Pharmacist License;
- Proven record of sales and negotiation success in a healthcare setting
- Application of clinical or industry knowledge in a consultative sales environment
- Strong demonstration of selling skills fundamentals
- Training and facilitation experience with sales and account management organizations
- Demonstrated ability to develop overall big picture strategy, sequence and execute on the tactical initiatives to advance the selling strategy
- Ability to influence Senior level leadership within and outside of the organization; must work well cross functionally
- Drives alignment across multiple levels and teams through collaboration
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust
- Ability to influence and negotiate tough decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and execute on deadlines, handling multiple opportunities with different priorities and deadlines
- Broad understanding of ESI business capabilities, profit levers and cost drivers
- High learning agility, high people agility and high results agility
- Ability to communicate complex issues concisely
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 100 million members to make better health-related choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledge Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.