Express Scripts Clinical Account Executive in St. Louis, Missouri
The CAE is assigned a set of moderate to complex Care Continuum clients carrying a strategic project management role. They serve clients as the primary contact for all clinical, medical policy related initiatives, financial, and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation
and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical
programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and potential up-sell opportunities.
- Leads the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and medical policy related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (e.g. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, etc.) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
- Development, preparation, and presentation of clinical business strategy (medical policy, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned. Acts in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
- Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to medical policy and drug plan design. Provides analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation. Communicates to client’s data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Shares best practice standards with broader CAE peer audience as well as clients and demonstrates understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information. Participation in process improvement initiatives.
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM industry.
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran