Express Scripts Clinical Account Executive, Sales in St. Louis, Missouri
The CAE is assigned a set of moderate to complex clients carrying a strategic project management role. They serve clients as the primary contact for all clinical, formulary related initiatives, financial /rebate and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and up-sell.
- Leads the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (e.g. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, etc.) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
- Development, preparation, and presentation of clinical business strategy (formulary, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned.
- Acts in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
- Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design.
- Provides analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation.
- Communicates to client’s data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Shares best practice standards with broader CAE peer audience as well as clients and demonstrates understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information.
- Participation in process improvement initiatives.
- 3-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran