Express Scripts Clinical Account Executive, Sales in St. Louis, Missouri
The CAE is assigned a set of complex / sophisticated clients carrying a heightened strategic project management role. They serves clients as the primary contact for all clinical, formulary related initiatives, financial /rebate and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and up-sell.
- Leads the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (egg. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, business division communication vehicles, etc) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
- Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design.
- Provides analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation.
- Communicates to client’s data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Development, preparation, and presentation of clinical business strategy (formulary, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned. Acts in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
- Shares best practice standards with broader CAE peer audience as well as clients and demonstrates understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information.
- Offer mentoring and training of others, interviewing prospective CAE candidates. Leading, developing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Provides oversight and project management to business division, develops tools and training for carrying out work plan goals, and represents the business division as a point of contact for various corporate initiatives including product development task forces, prospective client sales meetings, client advisory board panels, etc.
- BS in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred.
- 8 - 12 years relevant experience and 2+ years experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.