Express Scripts Business Development Director in St. Louis, Missouri
The Director, Business Development mission is to support the success of our Health Plan Division (HPD) client partners in the commercial employer marketplace. The primary objective is to win, retain, and enable overall growth of pharmacy business in collaboration with HPD client partners. Identify and prioritize opportunities for growing business within the existing accounts aligned to the role. Be the strategic advisor and consultant to HPD client partners and work alongside them in driving overall growth of their integrated medical and pharmacy offering. Be able to interpret and discuss complex financials for various client specific opportunities/challenges and execute a strategy in collaboration with product, account management, and marketing. Understand the market and provide market intelligence and input to HPD client partners and their account management, product, and marketing teams.
- Work at senior levels within HPD client partners and advise on go to market strategies that contribute to pharmacy membership growth.
- Develop and manage work plan that contributes and aligns to overall growth goals of HPD client partners.
- Manage to scorecard goals on an annual basis and drive activities which enables goal attainment.
- Understand complex financial information associated with an integrated medical and pharmacy bid – leverage to drive success for HPD client partners.
- Work across HPD client partner’s organization and align the enterprise on strategies that drive to scorecard goal – be transformative with impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 10-14 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 8-12 years relevant experience; includes 5-7 years relevant management/leadership experience.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Consistency in demonstrating the Express Way values and shows high potential for demonstrating Leaders Lead values.
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives or teams or acting in mentor capacity.
- Knowledge of the healthcare and PBM industry required; Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results.
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 15%.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran