Express Scripts Business Analyst, Finance in St. Louis, Missouri
The Business Analyst will be responsible for reviewing the setup, payments and reconciliation reporting for clients’ Financial Pricing and Rebate guarantees. Analysis and validation of results is required. The individual must have a firm grasp of concepts and able to provide mentoring and training related to contract interpretation, systems functionality, and business processes. This position will also be the client owner responsible for interpreting client contracts to identify and set up Financial Pricing and Rebate Guarantees for the organization’s key accounts. This position may be required to assist in processing payments and reconciliation reporting during periods of high volume. The Business Analyst will prepare and/or review financial statement accruals. Client ownership for key accounts includes gathering results and preparing reporting to present to Account Management for distribution to clients. The position requires leading regular communication with cross functional areas in order to meet deadlines, including Client Pricing, Account Teams, IT, Audit, etc. Business Analysts will be required to support requests and participate in discussions directly with clients and/or consultants. The ability to communicate requests, results and issues effectively with team members, management and cross functional areas is essential. The successful candidate will also be expected to proactively contribute to driving and developing best practices across the Financial Client Operations team, and lead system user access testing and special projects.
- Continuously interrogate Clinical Rules System database for additions, changes or deletions to client clinical rules with impacts to rebate eligible products.
- Work with manager when new rules are identified to determine appropriate interpretation of the clinical rule impact on rebates.
- Consolidate clinical rules with impacts to rebate drug products to a single list of assigned ids for upload and utilization within the FRS rebate system.
- Prepare files for auto and manual upload process to FRP rebate System.
- Assure BDRO Control tables are accurate and updated timely when new rule ids are added.
- Work with externally adjudicated clients and account management to assure all custom formulary rules not housed within Express Scripts systems are received and populated within control tables.
- Assure new rules identified are forwarded to senior manager for appropriate interpretation and addition to control tables.
- Responsible for monitoring reports and proactively perform analyses and report findings to internal/external clients.
- Other duties as deemed essential by business to support rebates optimization process.
- College degree in Business, Mathematics, Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8 to 11 years of experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem identification and resolution skills required.
- Demonstrated self-initiative.
- Effective communication with internal and external individuals in various functional areas and at all levels of management.
- Knowledge of ESI’s products and services preferred.
- Experience with Contract review and execution.
- Understanding of and experience with quality and process improvement concepts, methodologies.
- Proven ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently as well as work independently
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.