Express Scripts Associate Project Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Associate Project Manager will drive business results for the team by collaborating with both internal and external contacts to support client and provider network setup activities. The Associate Project Manager will be responsible for outlining small project and network requirements, deliverables, milestones, timelines, decisions, and status for those items in which they are assigned to and the overall success of such assignments from beginning to end. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on-time and within scope. The Associate Project Manager will provide day-to-day direction and management related to production, work quality, and performance. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for mentoring, training, and development of team members. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities that drive business value and implementing waste reduction process improvements.
In the role within the Phoenix Business Solutions team the Associate Project Manager will also be responsible for managing system problem tickets, communicating with business and IT on issue status and identifying the resolution plan. The Associate Project Manager will also share ownership in ensuring successful implementation of system enhancements to Phoenix.
- Day-to-day guidance and management of production, work quality, performance for direct reports. Manage work volume across all team members to ensure request deadlines and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide business direction and project management for small strategic and tactical system, network, or pricing related projects and implementations.
- Gather and analyze data, document business requirements, track action items, testing validation, and provide status reports for projects.
- Ensure proper processes are met and documented. Analysis of situations, distillation of the issues into options and driving to appropriate conclusions.
- Define small project / implementation scope, deliverables, milestones, timelines, and work plans.
- Manage tight deadlines for multiple competing priorities, scope, and converging opinions to solution in a timely manner. Responsible for small projects from original concept through system implementation and maintenance, as required.
- Mentor and train team members in order to reinforce specific concepts and processes regarding client and provider implementations. Work with individuals, as needed, on their development in recognizing process improvement opportunities, implementing project deliverables, and improving upon logical thinking skills.
- Develop and maintain training materials, reference guides, work instructions, and/or policies and procedures to ensure successful knowledge transfer and mastery of concepts and processes.
- Represent Retail Network Operations, serving as a subject-matter expert (SME) internally and externally, as needed, for small projects, specific processes, issue resolution, and status updates on requests. As needed, develop high-level project and / or process presentations, reports, and timelines to share with various interested parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8 – 11 years equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years relevant work experience in highly regulated business climate, with project management and analytical work experience or Master’s Degree.
- 4-5 years PBM experience preferred.
- 1+ year management/ project management experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook required.
- Basic Microsoft Access and PowerPoint skills required; SQL experience preferred.
- Training and/or presentation experience preferred.
- Ability tocreate work plans and/or work forecasting tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments or services to acquire input into implementation strategies and documents.
- Experience in process development, process documentation, and support preferred.
- Excellent approach to problem-solving; excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently; perform and document client implementation processes.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran