Express Scripts Associate Programmer Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. This is an entry level position for an individual who has had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming.
- Work with IT management to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for less complex modifications to existing or new computer programs.
- Code modifications to computer programs into existing systems and tests program effectiveness.
- Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- With assistance of a team member, writes documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- May develop user manuals and operating procedures.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Completion or required training such as Launch Code or Claims Academy.
- Knowledge of programming languages and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to provide clear communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Responsible for enhancing our digital user experience through research, design, content and technology, we work with teams across the organization to create holistic and meaningful experiences for members. A passionate group of highly skilled UX specialists, we have expertise ranging from design to taxonomy, content, front-end development and usability. Our focus is on defining and creatively addressing the needs of our clients and patients, and building an amazing digital experience. Bring your expertise to an organization that is not just improving experiences – but patients’ lives at the same time.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.