Express Scripts Associate IT Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The Server Support team serves as an escalation point for our event and incident management teams within the Enterprise Operation Command Center (EOCC). We provide exceptional tier 2 support of physical and virtual our Windows and Unix flavor server environment across all datacenters. We strive for high engagement and first escalation incident resolution rates.
- Provides support to internal Express Scripts business units for all servers across all of our environments, including our remote sites.
- Timely resolution to incidents impacting Windows and Unix Servers, as well as basic request fulfillment for operationalized services, such as server patching and decommissions.
- Server Support team collaborates closely with EOCC for priority escalation of issues impacting our business units to restore services and identify root cause.
- Position works under general supervision and follows established procedures to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Individuals will also assist with the development of new technical procedures and processes in accordance with confidentiality, security, regulatory compliance and policy requirements.
- 5-8 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree;3-5 years of experience with a Master’s degree; 11-14 years of experience with no Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is a plus
- Manage and maintain a large server OS environment via remote support tools on both physical and virtual host
- Installation, troubleshooting, and repair for a wide range of x86 hardware platforms, as required
- Full support of Windows file / print server
- Perform review and execution of standard monthly Windows Server patching
- Escalate incident tickets to Server Operations and Security Solution team members, as needed
- Triage and resolve high priority tickets in response to reported issues from the EOCC
- Document process, procedures, and technology used by all Compute Services teams
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for technology related operational tasks to be transitioned to the EOC
- Minimum 3-5 years Windows Server System Administration skills (2008/2012/2016) required
- Minimum 3-5 years System Administration skills of Linux / Unix operating systems required; AIX a plus
- Experience with technology tools, such as, vCenter and SCCM preferred
- Experience with server hardware platforms such as, Cisco UCS, Dell and HP Proliant preferred
- General knowledge of network topologies and storage preferred
- Strong ability to solve problems and collaborate with others to resolve technical issues
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
- This position is for off shift hours, general second shift hours are from 2 PM CT to 11 PM CT; general third shift hours are from 10 PM CT to 8 AM CT
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.