Express Scripts Associate HR Business Partner in St. Louis, Missouri
The Assoc. HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides expert content/professional leadership on complex HR Business Partner assignments/projects. As a senior level Generalist, the HRBP provides HR consulting to business managers on a wide variety of HR issues. This may include helping client groups in identifying engagement concerns and recommending appropriate solutions or influencing managers to implement retention action plans when needed. It also includes guiding the business on restructure or staffing decisions, and talent planning/succession decisions. The HRBP helps the business in identifying top development needs and potential solutions or facilitation resources for Learning programs. The HRBP provides guidance to clients on compensation and incentive design to ensure that rewards are aligned with desired behavioral outcomes. The HRBP is a trusted HR Partner for the business, helping guide talent strategy aligned to business strategy.
The HRBP also participates in HR community task forces and cross-organization initiatives. The HRBP possesses strong project management skills to manage HR specific and client specific projects as needed and exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives. The HRBP uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders and provide thought leadership within Human Resources.
- Supports clients in identifying engagement and retention concerns and developing appropriate solutions
- Provides guidance and change leadership relating to structure and staffing decisions
- Guides the business in identifying most prominent development needs and designing coordinated learning programs and solutions
- Helps the business in strategically evaluating talent within the organization and plans for individual development, succession or risk mitigation plans.
- Advises the business on compensation planning and incentive design
- Participates in HR projects targeted at program rollout, process improvement, or communication planning
- Leads special projects for client group or cross-client groups in alignment with the business’ talent strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with HRIS systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge experience with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to employment (for example, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, EEOC Uniform Guidelines).
- The ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and keep issues confidential is critical to this position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that changes rapidly to fit the needs of the organization.
- Ability to interact with line staff through executive leadership in a professional manner.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Human Resources department ensures that we manage and support our most valuable investment – our people! Whether we’re hiring the next wave of great talent, shaping company policy, making improvements to our total rewards program or providing development and growth opportunities across the business, there’s no shortage of great work to be done. On top of that, we’re continually working to drive employee engagement and foster a diverse and inclusive culture.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.