Express Scripts Account Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring ESI clients and patients receive superior service. Key member of the core client account team is responsible for overall satisfaction and retention of assigned book of business. Manages the day-to-day client relationship. Accountable for core service delivery for clients working cross-functionally with all operational. The Account Manager proactively reviews performance metrics to promote client satisfaction, profitability, and retention. Utilizes technology, tools, processes and resources to anticipate and exceed clients needs and expectations. Collaborates with Account Directors on client activity, expectations, and service needs.
- Manages day to day client relationships through comprehensive knowledge of client’s benefit plan and Express Scripts’ product offerings.
- Daily interaction with clients, consultants and producers providing preventative consultation, analysis and issue resolution associated with Express Scripts core services.
- Responsible for timely and accurate management and execution of all client benefit requests, including benefit changes, product upsells, new groups, terminations and escalated issues.
- Accountable for new group and specific product implementations; including establishing and leading internal meetings to ensure collaboration and attention to detail throughout the process in order to meet expected timelines and quality standards.
- Lead client centric team meetings to review ESI’s operational performance against client’s expectations and needs.
- Presentation of Express Scripts operational performance metrics to clients on a monthly and/or quarterly basis to show specific performance measures in comparison with Express Scripts book of business to promote client satisfaction, client retention and upsell opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results.
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 20%.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.