Express Scripts Account Executive in St. Louis, Missouri
The Account Executive manages the overall contract and relationship with existing complex clients and their consultants. This position is the owner of the strategic renewal plan, development of long term account strategy and leads the growth & retention of current clients. The Account Executive is responsible for leading the identification of business solutions that meet client needs and incorporating such into the annual SPARC (Strategic Planning & Review Consultation) using their in depth knowledge and specialized expertise. They are also responsible for client retention, customer satisfaction and achieving corporate strategic goals relative to their book of business. The Account Executive serves as the client expert and a resource for others within the organization. They share best practices to contribute to development of others and provide forward-thinking leadership designed to move the business forward and lead projects/corporate initiatives.
- Sales Ability/Selling: Uses influence & persuasion to gain the support & commitment of others . Advocates and uses relationship building to obtain support. Convinces others to take action. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations. Responds effectively to positions/reactions of others. Efficiently & effectively sells solutions. Uses structured training to educate and influence clients, customers, & consultants.
- Maximizes Results: Systematically manages accounts to maximize results. Consistently meets or exceeds sales targets through personally controlling the critical aspects of the sales and delivery processes. Leads & coordinates overall team effort. Driven to win customers’ attention and treats their business as an honor, never letting them feel taken for granted. Produces by increasing profitable sales to existing accounts. Concentrates on finding avenues to generate increased sales from established accounts.
- Uses broad knowledge of multiple business areas and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. Knows how the business works and how organization makes money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, innovations, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Conducts/Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. Has clinical knowledge and can apply understanding in interactions with clients.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships & delivers customer-centric solutions . Gains insight into customer needs and helps ensure a better member experience. Identifies opportunities to benefit the customer. Builds/Delivers solutions that meet the customer's expectations. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships. Balances short & long term relationship needs to effectively execute renewal strategy & organic growth. Gains the confidence & trust of others through honesty, integrity, authenticity, & reliability.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Is effective in a variety of communication settings. Attentively listens to others and adjusts message as needed. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and accurate information to others. Promotes customer relations by soliciting feedback both internally and externally. Proactively anticipates communication needs in order to remove ambiguity.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, & sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple sources and collaboratively works cross functionally when solving problems and creating solutions. Uncovers root cause of issue. Evaluates risks/benefits of different solution options. Anticipates & balances the needs of multiple stakeholders, recognizing & addressing different communication styles. Secures & deploys resources effectively & efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14-18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with 6-10 years relevant experience.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Working knowledge of financials.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to negotiate, lead others, organize, analyze and interpret information.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet goals.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran