Express Scripts Sr. Clinical Consultant in Seattle, Washington
The Seattle, Washington-based Sr. Clinical Consultant will support quality, safety, and trend initiatives within the Express Scripts Physician Engagement and Academic Detailing Department. Primary focus will be to ensure that all physician and pharmacist consultation initiatives are established and supported according to specifications, and that clinical criteria are appropriate, and in agreement with the program’s intent. The Sr. Clinical Consultant serves as a clinical liaison to physicians and other prescribers regarding specific clients’ programs, provides timely responses to inquiries, and maintains a record of academic detailing activities and results, as appropriate.
- Utilizes Express Scripts’ multiple data analytics programs and tools to monitor and analyze trends in clients’ providers prescribing, and collaborates with client, client’s ESI account team, and others to optimize opportunities to educate prescribers with the goal to improve clinical and financial outcomes and support trend management including appropriate promotion of generic and formulary prescribing toward client and Express Scripts' strategic goals.
- Maintains record of activity and tracks clinical and financial impact to client and client’s members, provides this information to Director, Clinical Program Management as requested.
- Effectively participates in and contributes to staff meetings, committees and departmental work groups to share best practices, improve processes, and/or other items relating to provider engagement.
- Participates and contributes in formal and informal training programs and professional development activities which may include taking, developing, and/or conducting sessions.
- May back up other pharmacists as needed and perform additional duties as determined by the client or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- 3-5 years general pharmacy experience; 2+ years in managed care, the PBM industry, or pharmaceutical sales preferred.
- Washington licensed pharmacist in good standing.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style and strong commitment to client service a must.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools use advanced problem solving skills; work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care/Value Based healthcare industry is desirable.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Express Scripts Physician Engagement Team uses data-driven, direct physician outreach by clinical pharmacists to consult with targeted physicians. This program is designed to be highly customized to the needs and priorities of the clients we serve with the objective of optimizing clinical and financial goals by promoting the use of clinically appropriate, cost-effective therapy.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.