Express Scripts Outside Sales Representative- Cystic Fibrosis and Bleeding Disorders in Seattle, Washington
Provides sales support focusing on identifying and assisting new patients admits and acts as community advocacy resource.Responsible for current disease assignment (Bleeding Disorder, Cystic Fibrosis) physician sales and patient support for assigned geography. Permitted Access to significant level of confidential information. Utilizes networking and various communication tools to attract both new and former patients. Acts as primary point of contact for assigned patients to provide information on both internal company and external industry products and services. Actively engages in continuous learning and is viewed as an industry expert and trusted advisor to patients. Collaborates with clinical care teams, reimbursement department and sales group and provides keen insight and forward thinking solutions to ensure Accredo’ s competitive advantage. Works closely with clinical staff on patient needs. Maintains close relationship with chronic patients to provide information on company services. Participates in local/state healthcare associations and disease support groups. Keeps current on legislative and reimbursement issues and current events relevant to the business Organizes and attends community events to foster strong relationships and support the organizations' purpose of providing education to patients and families with chronic and rare diseases, as assigned.
- Patient outreach activities and metrics
- Sales Support metrics
- Interaction with community support groups, disease state foundations, and chapter events
- Responsible for introductory advocacy communication with all new Advanced Therapy patients in assigned geography
- Uses business acumen and advanced knowledge of Accredo products/services and industry trends to meet or exceed established patient retention goals.
- Leverages understanding of the healthcare market and relies on interpersonal relationship building skills to effectively recapture former patients and bring them back in service.
- Maintains regular contact (via telephone and in person) with assigned patients in accordance with company guidelines to introduce company products, evaluate patient needs and build patient loyalty.
- Anticipates patient needs and potential areas of opportunity; takes proactive steps to ensure a positive outcome.
Represents the company at designated industry events/meetings to keep current on legislative and reimbursement issues relevant to the business.
Meet sales objectives in individual territory.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals as defined.
- Complete all administrative requirements on time.
- Accountable for account planning, development of sales strategy, routine weekly reports and special reporting requests.
- Perform at high level while being efficient and compliant with TER budget and policy.
- Accountable for TER budget and reporting on activities with HCP’s.
- Attend industry and corporate meetings and events in and out of territory.
- Requires a blend of on-site visits with prescribers/office staff and phone/email communication.
- Patient access requires ability to connect with patients in off-business hours, as needed.
- Role is based out of Pacific Northwest- preferably Seattle area
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Required: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Desired: 6+ years relevant experience; prefer experience in social work, health care sales, clinical discipline, community foundations.
- MS Office, Computer proficiency, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance process, community advocacy organizations.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal. Confidence in speaking in front of groups and handling conflict in a calm and professional manner.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you’re the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You’ll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.