Express Scripts Manager - Pharmacy Technician (Advanced Therapy) - Accredo in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Manager of Pharmacy Technician (Advance Therapy) manages the supervisory team of representatives that oversees operations of front end pharmacy technician work in one or more sites. Works with the Operations Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the site. Oversees productivity, quality, and service metrics and leads process improvement initiatives within the department. Oversees hiring, training, coaching, developing and evaluating their staff.
- Manages team of first line supervisors for the senior pharmacy technician associates in one or more sites.
- Works to develop employee’s supervisory skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Oversees hiring and training of new associates.
- Develops and tracks compliance to quality, productivity, and service standards.
- Works with Operations Director to develop strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. Assist with Budget Planning.
- Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided. Work with Operations Director to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the senior pharmacy technician teams.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve. Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Computer or Other Skills:
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft applications and call center platforms
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of current pharmacy regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to effectively develop, train and coach less experienced team members with the patience to explain details and processes repeatedly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, make independent decisions
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Knowledge of ESI’s systems, platforms, products/services very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak times
- Ability to travel
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran