Express Scripts Quality Engineering Lead in Orlando, Florida
The Quality Engineering (QE) Lead is accountable for all aspects of the Quality Engineering functions within the department. This includes managing QA/QE deliverables of complex initiatives and coordinating the work of Quality Engineering team members. This position assesses and ensures mitigation of risk associated with new application and software implementations and represents and promotes QE Agile methodology across Technology. The QE Lead devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. This position provides assistance and guidance to onshore and offshore team members with issues needing technical QE expertise and on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Ensure proper QE process is defined, met and documented.
- Maintain close relationships with internal Quality Technology departments in order to coordinate strategy.
- Coordinate onshore and offshore Quality Engineering teams in day-to-day activities.
- Help drive the Agile Quality Engineering culture within the team and participate in team ceremonies.
- Develop and perform routine audit processes of our automated QA tools.
- Participate in recommendations for improvements of process and administrative issues/inefficiencies that impact Quality Engineering.
- Drive and support the ongoing initiative to move from a siloed QA-centric view of testing to an Agile QE-centric approach, and implement all necessary process improvements in support of this goal.
- Report and present on quality metrics associated with automated and manual testing.
- Build strong working relationships with software engineering teams and support the quality of our applications.
- Provide options to resolve issues and problems arising from ancillary development or execution processes, including test data management.
- Mentor Quality engineering team members.
- Prioritize projects and day to day workflow for self and other QE team members.
- Assist with interviewing and on-boarding new team members, as well as coordinating and delivering training to team members.
- This role will not require line management of direct reports.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience or 11 to 14 years of relevant experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of QE techniques, with the ability to design and strategize on testing approaches for large, complex, cross functional initiatives and/or projects
- Must have extensive demonstrated experience of modern testing systems for web, mobile and service/API applications (Cucumber, Jest, J-Unit, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc).
- Must demonstrate several years of prior testing experience (system/methodology agnostic).
- Experience managing all QA deliverables of highly complex initiatives.
- Experience coordinating a combination of onshore and offshore team members.
- Proven ability to coordinate & lead Quality Engineers in large cross functional initiatives and special assignments as needed.
- Expertise in Quality Engineering within an Agile environment (Scrum and Kanban), including demonstrated experience driving Test Automation.
- Advanced quality-related technical knowledge base to assist team in problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD best practices including the use of git, Jenkins and XLRelease.
- Healthcare/PBM/Pharmacy experience is a plus.
- Prior experience developing in React JS or Spring framework is a strong plus.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy thinking strategically about the full life cycle of a technical product? Are you a techy type with the people skills to go with it? If so you may find a fit within technical product management, the team that manages our technology product portfolio and roadmap – creating, executing and helping to deploy scalable solutions used by our clients and members every day. If we’ve peaked your interest, let’s strike up a conversation.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran