Express Scripts Full Stack Java Software Development Engineer in Orlando, Florida
The Full Stack Web Software Development Engineering is responsible for hands-on development utilizing: Java, Spring Framework (Boot, Data JPA, Security, etc.), Mockito, JPA(Hibernate), REST/SOAP Service Development, Junit and Maven.
This is where we’re at today - tomorrow remains to be seen. We work on projects that impact the lives of 85 million Americans. If you have a passion for technology find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…” then we should talk.
- Lead the construction of scalable products and be an expert in web application domains
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of performance, scalability, reliability, availability and security.
- Create high-performance, maintainable user facing solutions using the latest web technology
- Drive direction in an agile environment interacting with architects, cross functional engineering teams, product management, QA, etc.
- Advocate for modern development practices, tools
- Ensure project adherence to corporate and team technical standards
- Engage in technical discussions around new solutions, architectures
- Mentor and review code for junior developers
- Champion development best practices
- Lead design of key domain or components
- Broad understanding of industry testing practices using Karma, Mocha and Jasmine
- Experience in functional testing frameworks like Cucumber and Nightwatch
- Passion for technology and a self-study
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment with new technologies
- Experience building and developing web applications
- Demonstrated record leading and mentoring development teams
- Strong debugging and problem solving abilities
- Good understanding and Object Oriented Design techniques
- Experience validating requirements and driving technical solutions that achieve business solutions
- Excellent communications skills — written and verbal
- Education requirements:
- - Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience OR
- - Master's degree in related field with 1 year of experience OR
- - 9 years relevant experience without Bachelor’s Degree.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 100 million people we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.