Express Scripts Pharmacy Supervisor in North Burlington, New Jersey
The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a team of 25-30 associates. This position monitors productivity and performance standards and plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees production volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with the Pharmacy Manager to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
- Schedule and monitor staff and day to day workflow.
- Develop employee’s skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback.
- Oversees resolution of employee relations.
- Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Develop, track and monitor employee’s compliance to quality, service and production standards.
- Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals.
- Address staff concerns and day to day operational, system, customer service, quality, and professional issues.
- Work in production as needed.
- Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided.
- Work with Pharmacy Manager to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve. Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Assist Inventory Department with the set-up and maintenance of the drug file.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8 to 11 years of experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email.
- Technical expertise of ESI’s systems and platforms very helpful.
- Strong knowledge of current pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to effectively develop and assist team members.
- Experience training and coaching less experienced staff – patience to explain details and processes repeatedly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak times.
- Knowledge of ESI products/services.
- Willingness to travel (5-10%)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all. Members of this team are on the front line every day – interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.