Express Scripts Infusion Nurse RN - Accredo in Naperville, Illinois
This is a full time position. Territory will cover Cook or DuPage Counties in Illinois (Elmhurst and Naperville).
The primary function of the Infusion Nurse RN is to provide essential in-home IV Infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after receiving a physician order for nursing services. In addition, within an assigned geographical territory, the Infusion Nurse RN will administer infusion therapy and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator and the individual must be calm, professional, and possess the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of environments.
- Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
- Train patients in the self-administration of treatments, and how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments.
- Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
- Collaborate and confer with TRC (Therapeutic Resource Center) staff regarding patient status and treatment needs.
- Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities in a timely manner using company issued tools.
- Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
- Registered Nursing (RN) License required.
- High School Diploma or GED required, plus 8-11 years of relevant work experience with a Nursing Diploma.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with an ASN degree.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with a BSN degree.
- Minimum one year experience as a specialized RN in acute or home care/home infusion environment.
- Strong venous access skills.
- Must be able to access peripheral veins.
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license in state of residence.
- Ability to travel within an assigned geographic area.
- Availability to work weekend and evening hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and email.
- Home internet access is required.
- Proficient use/navigation of PC and Apple technology.
- Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions.
- Critical care experience strongly preferred.
- Previous home infusion / home healthcare experience strongly preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran