Express Scripts Drug Database Associate in Mississauga, Ontario
The primary function of the Drug Database Associate (DDA) is to update and maintain the master drug and provincial price files following established procedures and within turnaround times to ensure accurate and complete information. This data is used in claim adjudication to support our customers in delivering superior healthcare in a cost controlled environment.
- Performs the established tasks required to maintain the Master and price information for each province for drug and medical supply & equipment items.
- Receives, investigates and resolves Provider and Customer queries for drug pricing, product availability, claim payment etc. to ensure claim accuracy and customer satisfaction with the information in the databases.
- Uploads validated price changes using defined query processes or the proprietary user interface. Performs immediate quality assurance checks following the updates.
- Identify and collate the prices and product elements required for customized ESC programs
- Identifies price and provincial program changes that impact customer benefit plan or claim adjudication. Provides input and completes the impact analysis for process changes resulting from provincial program changes, or ESC initiated changes
- Maintains documentation for the routine processes.Identifies trends and opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy education program – Registration is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of drug products, plan coverage and adjudication results
- Demonstrated familiarity with drug nomenclature
- Effective organizational and time management skills to meet firm turnaround times
- Critical thinking for decision making
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numeracy and strong aptitude for mathematics
- Advanced MS Excel skills, proficient with Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca .