Express Scripts Application Support Specialist in Mississauga, Ontario
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for a motivated Application Support Specialist. The successful candidate shall possess a strong client-centric focus with a keen eye for problem solving. This candidate must have a willingness to work a flexible schedule with on-call duties as required.
- Monitor, investigate, answer and log internal application issues. Impart business knowledge to assist and support Express Scripts Canada’s internal customers on day-to-day system issues, include file transfer issues
- Work with internal service providers including the Systems Development and Implementation Services teams to identify and resolve system-related issues
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to the support process, procedures and testing process, and procedures within the IS department
- Update, record and track all User ID Set-up requests for internal software application: modifications, terminations, password resets, including QA
- Review and update process documents and User templates on a regular basis to reflect current information and processes
- Write and distribute internal communications regarding system-related issues
- Liaise with other internal departments as required
- Respond to claims inquiries from the Customer Services and the Call Centre
- Install, test, troubleshoot and document the procedure for the installation of new desktop releases for the pharmacy and dental systems; duties also include the creation of the CD and the packaging of the desktop applications for installation by Express Scripts Canada customers
- Other projects as assigned by Management.
- Post-secondary degree with related job experience in insurance, customer service or computer science.
- 1-3 years experience in a service desk role with a focus on customer service.
- Knowledge of UNIX, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol and its relationship to feed transmission and receipt is an asset.
- Excellent problem solver and able to resolve unique problems where no precedent exists.
- Good working knowledge of Express Scripts Canada operations and systems
- Ideal candidate has excellent analytical and documentation skills, is proactive, energetic and a team-player
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers
- Business knowledge of pharmacy, dental and extended health claims processing is a definite asset.
- Bilingualism (French & English) both verbally & written is an asset
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca .