Express Scripts Sr. Financial Analyst, Finance in Memphis, Tennessee
This position works in conjunction with the Accredo direct and integrated Specialty Sales and account management teams and the contracting team to provide strategic guidance for competitive Pricing offers and contracting in the marketplace along with analytical support, reporting and presentations, and other ad-hoc financial needs as related to Specialty, Pricing/Underwriting & Analytics. This position will assist in identifying and resolving automation initiative gaps and will work closely with Pricing Director in developing and maintaining Accredo’s Direct pricing strategy for implementation and margin target achievements across all business divisions. Additional work includes managing project deadlines, supporting department and company projects and working to enhance finance team efficiency through the development of improved processes and best practices. Position will assist in defining, recommending and implementing leading edge pricing practices/methodologies and solutions.
- Participate in the development of a pricing strategy to retain existing business, to continue to win new accounts and support Accredo's position in the market.
- Support sales growth by forecasting profitability of multiple pricing options.
- Responsible for contract pricing and profitability analysis, including development of recommended pricing / counter proposals.
- Responsible for reviewing financial section of RFP's to determine prospect needs and presenting analysis, margin opportunities and recommendations to Pricing Director.
- Manage the complete process from receipt of RFP/pricing requests through communication of final financial agreements to internal departments and divisional stakeholders.
- maintain management of Pricing Department's cost and pricing files and database applications.
- Act as subject matter expert for Pricing.
- Support development of Payor profitability reporting, special pricing, discount and price concession analysis and other unique pricing situations.
- Implement trend analysis and reporting practices.
- Work with Pricing Director to continue implementation of a rate relief data.
- Work with Pricing Director to design and implement a Payor Pricing database and reports that will provide contracted discounts for all Payor accounts.
- Maintain close collaboration with Payor Contract Administration, Product Development, Managed Care and Reimbursement groups.
- Make recommendations to the Pricing Director to improve processes and implement efficiencies.
- Analyze new and existing product and business lines.
- Prepares and presents reports on opportunities/challenges, and recommends actions as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in Microsoft Office Applications - Word, Excel, Tableau, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project Management, SQL.
- Demonstrated work experience with SQL (query and implementing pricing models).
- Demonstrated experience in statistical modeling and other trend analysis methods.
- Experience in design & presentation of quantitative analysis to broad audience and Sr. Leadership.
- Experience in data mining and analyzing large datasets
- Hands-on experience in working with databases, included designing and data cleansing.
- Develop Excel models to analyze and explain cost trends.
- Present in front of both small and large groups.
- Create and run queries against Express Scripts database.
- Create PowerPoint presentations that detail financial performance.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
- Demonstrated modeling, trending and forecasting skills.
- Strong business, organizational and communication skills.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Six Sigma process improvement or Kaizen event experience a plus.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure that spending stays on track and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who will bring outside-the-box thinking to our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.