Express Scripts Senior Intervention Pharmacy Technician in Memphis, Tennessee
Process all new and refill prescriptions. Profile new accounts as needed, proof and input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality standards. Document correspondence and follow up in system. Function as a resource for team regarding policy and procedure questions. Conduct new hires and on-going training, auditing, and resolution of escalated issues. Serve as liaison to clients and other departments. Approve prescriptions for Dr. Call entry. Actual Data Entry is less than 50% of time, not primary job function. Typically, post –input.
- Open orders as needed, verify eligibility, proof and input prescriptions following procedures while maintaining productivity and quality standards
- Assist team members with questions regarding policy and procedure. Provide expert assistance to team members with issues needing technical expertise. Authorize Dr. Call entry if appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and supervisor to ensure that best-practices are shared.
- Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skills.
- May provide backup support to other pharmacy groups based on business needs or production levels.
- Initiate and document correspondence. Log order status. Provide audit reports to management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Pharmacy Technician License
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to be detail oriented and organized, work in fast paced, production environment, and work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
- Strong data entry and 10 key
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of helping to achieve a more sustainable health care system and better health for all. Members of this team are on the front line every day – interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.