Express Scripts Manager, Rare Disease - Accredo in Memphis, Tennessee
The Manager – Eligibility provides leadership to an eligibility team that handles client eligibility issues. This position develops short and long-term plans for clients. Acts as a liaison with other cross-functional departments to resolve complex issues. Works with the Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the department. Assists with budget planning. Oversees work volume and service standards. Oversees training, coaching and evaluation of staff.
- Manage eligibility team members. Develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relation issues. Oversee training, coaching and evaluation of new team members.
- Develop and track compliance to quality and service standards. Roll out new processes and procedures to team. Oversee production of eligibility process documentation and training.
- Oversee the transfer of clients from implementation to eligibility. Work with management to analyze operations and efficiency of eligibility team.
- Represent eligibility team in cross-functional meetings and projects. Act as a liaison with other cross-functional departments to resolve complex issues.
- Work with Director to develop strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. May assist with budget planning.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office; Knowledge and experience with ESI systems helpful
- Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry; Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale; Focus on quality customer service; Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload; Excellent organizational and project management skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.