Express Scripts Java Services Software Development Engineer in Memphis, Tennessee
The Specialty Shared Services organization is responsible for the development and maintenance of REST based Entity APIs communicating with various underlying business platforms, data repositories and external systems/APIs within Express Scripts business domains. The Software Developer Engineer uses experience to implement the design, development and modification of complex Java web service applications. Strong technical background in Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, SOA/MSA – REST/SOAP, Kafka, Hibernate/JPA, SQL & No-SQL based data repositories, and related technology stack is required for the success in this role. This position will implement detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
- Provide technology guidance and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family (i.e. Specialty, Home Delivery, Claims, etc).
- Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for medium to high complex components of a multiple technology suites.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work with team/solution architecture to ensure solutions are extensible, simple, optimal and scalable.
- Experience developing and deploying Java web service applications in an Enterprise scale environment.
- Experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA).
- Experience with source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Strong background in architecture, design and implementation of Services and Enterprise Application Integrations (REST & SOAP based APIs)
- Minimum 5-8 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years with Master's degree; 11-14 years with no Bachelors degree.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPT S
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran