Express Scripts Billing and Reimbursement Specialist II - Accredo in Memphis, Tennessee
Follows standard operating procedures to edit, bill, and collect payment on basic outstanding claims in pursuit of reducing the company's accounts receivable. Requires basic knowledge of the billing and collection processes and general supervision for routine work.
- Prepares and reviews claims to ensure billing accuracy.
- Pursues collection activities to obtain reimbursement from payers and/or patients.
- Frequent follow up with payers and/or patients on outstanding accounts.
- Escalates delinquent and/or complex claims to Sr. Billing & Reimbursement Specialists for appropriate action.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- PC Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet .
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Integrity to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.