Express Scripts Pharmacy Technician in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Are you passionate about working for a company on a mission to make medicine safer, more affordable, and accessible for millions of Americans? Express Scripts is looking for high-energy, positive individuals to join our pharmacy technician team. Members of this team are tasked with ensuring prescriptions are processed and shipped appropriately so they can arrive in the hands of the 100 million patients whose health depends on their delivery. Join us in our mission to change lives! As a member of our fulfillment team, you’ll work in one of our pharmacy distribution facilities, which are responsible for filling and shipping over 90,000 prescriptions a day. These state-of-the-art facilities are climate controlled, well-lit, and use a wide variety of technology to help you perform at peak productivity levels.
- Process requests for new and refill prescriptions
- Select and retrieve appropriate medications
- Verify quantities and prepare labels for bottles
- Send orders to pharmacy staff for completion and verification of prescription based programs
- Select appropriate packing materials and prepare packages for shipment
- Enclose client specified materials to orders
- Affix shipping labels on packages and sort by carrier
- Clean equipment and replenish workstation supplies like pill bottles, caps, safety seals, and paper
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- 0-1 years of experience that is relevant to the role
- A pharmacy technician license/certification/registration is required based on your state’s laws
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Internet, and Email)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate peak volume times
- Willingness and ability to learn internal systems/processes as needed
Important Things to Know
- This is a fast-paced job that will require you to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Schedules are determined by business need and may change frequently. Flexibility is key!
- Standard operating procedures are in place to ensure accuracy of orders and patient safety.
- The ability to follow instructions is important.
- Various backgrounds have been found to be successful for this role – including retail, hospitality, restaurant, and other customer service experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Founded in 1973, Freedom Fertility Pharmacy was one of the first pharmacies to focus exclusively on the needs of fertility patients. Today, as an Express Scripts subsidiary, Freedom is America's leading fertility pharmacy, delivering more medications nationwide than any other fertility-dedicated pharmacy. Our teams at Freedom specialize in the unique needs of our patients by providing medication compounding, expedited delivery, superior customer service and comprehensive patient support.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.