Express Scripts Patient & Nurse Scheduler - Accredo in Louisville, Kentucky
The Clerk III (Nurse/Patient Scheduler) works within the Home Infusion Nursing team to complete non-clinical projects and work. Contacts/interacts with internal and external customers to ensure the timely scheduling and coordination of nursing visits/activities in a specified region/geography. Facilitates coordination and communication with both nurses and nursing agencies necessary for providing care to Accredo patients. Maintains nursing schedule. Processes and tracks nursing documentation as necessary. Acts as a liaison between nurses, pharmacists and patients to ensure that identified problems, concerns are addressed, and commitments are followed through to completion. Uses company email, chart notes, task queues and phone system to communicate across functions and externally.
- Schedules nursing and patient appointments by using the organization applications in alignment with organizational goals and policies and in collaboration with Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor as needed. Contacts/confers with patients regarding their scheduling needs and requests. Maintains daily RN visit schedule and monthly on-call schedule.
- Assists nursing department by monitoring documentation workflow. Follows up on nursing order documentation, missing nursing visit documentation, and collaborates with nursing management as needed to address patient nursing needs/concerns.
- Assists nursing department to control costs by making visit assignments with consideration of patient/RN geographic proximity, potential for overtime costs, etc.
- Actively participates in nursing phone queue to assist callers and provide information or transfer to appropriate personnel and document in medical record as appropriate
- Tracks RN required documentation as noted in nurse database. Notifies RNs of document renewals due, tracks & follows-up on receipt of outstanding documents. Engages nursing management for any potential gaps in nursing documentation.
- Notifies pharmacists, nurses, and other related departments’ staff of any identified problems/issues
- Utilizes email, databases, and Excel spreadsheets to track, record and communicate with other members of the team.
- Communicates clearly and consistently, tackling challenges without delay.
- Any other duties as assigned by nursing management
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Two to three years of prior experience as a Patient Care Coordinator or similar position is preferred
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, Outlook Email and General Call Center Systems
- Thorough, demonstrated understanding of medical/pharmacy terminology preferred
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make independent decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Accredo is the Express Scripts Specialty Pharmacy. A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise. We offer a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. We also provide comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
About Express Scripts
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran