Express Scripts Senior Buyer in Lake Mary, Florida
Responsible for purchasing pharmaceutical and medical supply items for CuraScript Specialty Distribution. Ensure appropriate inventory to meet customer demand and contractual requirements. Communicate to internal and external customers/vendors product shortages. Review new vendor contracts as it relates to inventory, ordering and Class of Trade (COT) requirements. Work with financial analysis, program delivery and reporting team to provide accurate reporting to support vendor contracts and department processes.
- Replenish, forecast and track daily inventory usage to meet the demand of specialty distribution customers.
- Verify receipt and pricing of purchase orders by vendors prior to delivery.
- Review stock levels, open purchase orders, and sales levels of other buyers to proactively determine order quantities, establish ordering parameters based on need and vendor’s contractual requirements.
- Train new buyers, refine skills of current buyers by reviewing their ordering patterns;
- Identify alternative ways to reduce inventory levels and maintain high customer fill rate/service levels.
- Provide vendor interface as it relates to procurement responsibilities, provide and develop forecast reporting as required by contract, vendor product and vendor research, contract analysis and development of any needed forecast reporting, and negotiation as required.
- Represent CuraScript Specialty Distribution at vendor audits.
- Negotiate rebates and admin fees, attain scorecard metrics and appeals.
- Complete reviews timely/accurately and suggest amendments to maximize strategic financial opportunities.
- Train department on inventory demand system (Manhattan).
- Review and recommend enhancements and facilitate needed system updates.
- Resolve account payable issues with suppliers, reconcile invoice to PO, supplier credits.
- Follow-up, resolve and communicate backorder issues.
- Research and recommend alternative product.
- Coordinate new item set-up with Strategic Pricing Manager.
- Assist Procurement Manager with additional projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8 to 11 years of experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- The Senior Buyer must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and both internal and external customer base and possess solid follow through skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet daily deadlines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharma & Retail Relations team plays a key role in keeping us at the forefront of healthcare evolution. Team members are tasked with overseeing partnerships with Express Scripts’ key supplier groups, including brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers. Successfully maintaining these relationships allows our 83+ million patients to have access to the medicine they need at a price they can afford.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.