Express Scripts Buyer in Lake Mary, Florida
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing pharmaceutical and medical supply items for CuraScriptSD. This role’s primary responsibility is to maintain adequate inventory levels needed to meet service level and contractual requirements. This position is responsible for tactical purchasing communications to internal and external stakeholders. This role is expected to align and coordinate purchasing requirements with account management, contract management, implementation, information technology, reporting, sales, accounting and finance. The Buyer is expected to contribute purchasing process improvement initiatives.
- Manage day to day purchasing activities by reviewing historical demand and analyzing inventory levels.
- Work with internal customers to understand trends; identify opportunities to optimize inventory & service levels; ensure drug stock-outs are minimized; assist in root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Manage demand and supply parameters within TPS, Manhattan, AS400, MRP systems
- Possess solid written and verbal communication skill
- Communicate with all levels of management and both internal and external customer base and possess solid follow through skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet daily deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 6 to 8 years of experience.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare or pharmacy experience is a plus
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience with Business Objects is a plus
- Ability to interface with internal customers in a profession and ethical manner
- Good written and verbal communications; time management skills
- Financial & business acumen
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Specialty Distribution group offers healthcare providers access to a complete portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies, ensuring patients’ continuity of care. We ship to all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, with three distribution centers: a main facility in Grove City, Ohio, and secondary locations in Arizona and Tennessee.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.