Express Scripts Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in Indianapolis, Indiana
Have you heard? Express Scripts and Accredo Specialty Pharmacy are now part of Cigna. Together, we’ve got big plans. We want to change health care to make it more affordable, more personalized, and more focused on helping the whole person to achieve better health outcomes. And that’s only the beginning. Read on to learn more about working with us.
As a Pharmacy Technician , you’ll be part of a dedicated team which enters patient prescriptions from their doctor into our pharmacy system. You’ll work with a talented team of individuals under the supervision of a pharmacist to transcribe these doctor’s orders for medication into our system. You may outreach to doctors or the patients for additional information to complete their patient profile. This role is very detail oriented and you’ll spend the majority of your day working on our computer system.
Here’s a little more on how you’ll make a difference:
- Accurately enter prescriptions into our system. Use the knowledge you gain from training, your problem-solving skills and support from your team to accurately enter patient prescriptions. You’ll ensure that the medication prescription is accurately entered so it can be evaluated under insurance coverage and dispensed correctly.
- Interact directly with healthcare providers. You’ll research issues on with pharmacist and doctors’ office and provide guidance to our patients about medication coverage.
- Juggle multiple tasks without sacrificing attention to detail. You will be busy handling multiple requests at any given time as well as documenting information in our computer system.
What You Should Have:
- High School Diploma / GED required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 0 to 1 year of relevant experience
- Valid Pharmacy technician license/certification/registration as required by state laws.
- Basic math skills (addition/subtraction/multiplication)
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, use of the internet and email is required
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll love about working here:
- Fun, friendly, and unique culture – Bring your whole self to work every day!
- Great working environment in our office and great work schedules!
- Choice of three unique medical plans
- Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Contributions for HRA and HSA accounts
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance