Express Scripts Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in Indianapolis, Indiana
Works as part of a team in resolving requests in Pull Department, Pull Rx, Letter processing, and Controls exception across ESI as needed. Pull Department responsibilities require walking, standing, and repetitive up and down lifting of boxes weighing 35lb and repetitive pulling of prescriptions 95% of the work time. Pull Rx responsibilities will include pull, copy, fax, and processing. Letter processing will need to provide data entry, type customer service notes, and own total member correspondence. Controls exception will include data verification, QA, and exception processing. Adhere to strict HIPAA regulation especially when communicating to others outside of Express Scripts. All team members will be expected to work as per Policies and Procedures (P &P) and Work Instructions with onsite or offsite departments, internal or external to the company as directed. The weights listed in Essential Functions will vary as size and needs of the department change. All team members are expected to work with Supervisors and Management to cross-train and develop proficiency across all functional areas of the job.
- Process letter requests by manual or automated databases, typing customer service notes in system, pulling Rx, and processing member correspondence.
- Work Rx pull requests, rescan, and work with RPh to obtain appropriate documentation to resolve request.
- Controls work includes data input / validation , Quality Assurance (QA), Prescriber and Patient outreach, and working with RPh and Pharmacy per work instructions, P&P, management direction, or any national or state regulations.
- Participate in Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts internal and external to the department..
- Perform all QA tasks as identified.
- Complete and process data for reporting needs.
- Prepare and organize work for storage both on and offsite.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 0-1 years relevant experience; Clerical experience preferred
- Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by state laws
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to adapt and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast-paced, production environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate peak volume time
- A willingness and ability to learn internal systems/processes/programs as needed
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.