Express Scripts Infusion Nurse RN - Accredo in Houston, Texas
The primary function of the Infusion Nurse RN is to provide essential in-home IV Infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after receiving a physician order for nursing services. In addition, within an assigned geographical territory, the Infusion Nurse RN will administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator and the individual must be calm, professional with the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of environments.
- Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
- Train patients in the self-administration of treatments, and how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments.
- Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
- Collaborate and confer with TRC (Therapeutic Resource Center) staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
- Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities in a timely manner using company issued tools.
- Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
- Registered Nursing (RN) License required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College Degree preferred or 8-11 years of relevant experience required
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with an Associate's degree or 2-5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license in state of residence
- At least one year of experience as a specialized RN in acute or home care/home infusion environment preferred
- Completion of intravenous skill inventory/training
- Ability to travel within an assigned geographic area
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and email
- Home internet access is required
- Strong venous access skills must be able to access peripheral veins
- Availability to work weekend hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice
- Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions
- Critical care experience preferred
- Previous home infusion experience a strongly preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.