Express Scripts Sr. Technical Product Owner in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Senior Technical Product Owner (Sr. TRO) uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex technical functional requirements for a complex product – these are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business asks.
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired business impact; while providing thought leadership to Program Governance activities such as prioritization and negotiating with stakeholders on backlog priorities. Responsible for owning the technical roadmap and non-functional requirements for product (e.g. page rendering times, how long it takes to log in, response on service calls). Work with disparate business groups to optimize business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
- Create, evolve and communicate feature area specifications that form cohesive, iterative plans that align to the multi release vision. Write Definition of Ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
- Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams. Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle and previous experience.
- Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health; integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity);enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated)
- Focus on reducing tech debt when value can be measured in efficiency and quality metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
- Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential
- Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering
- Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy thinking strategically about the full life cycle of a technical product? Are you a techy type with the people skills to go with it? If so you may find a fit within technical product management, the team that manages our technology product portfolio and roadmap – creating, executing and helping to deploy scalable solutions used by our clients and members every day. If we’ve peaked your interest, let’s strike up a conversation.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan. Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.