Express Scripts Sr. Manager - IT Project Management in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
As a Business Product Owner, this position will be accountable to the Operational leaders in PBM Services for driving transformational IT Product initiatives to help deliver strategic solutions and ensure product health and stability.
This person will drive the business strategies into prioritized initiatives for the IT teams and be able to respond to urgent issues in their specific function without losing focus on longer term deliverables. As a leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities and manage relationships with other IT departments, all while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision. The Sr. Manager may lead internal cross-department IT initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for Express Scripts.
- Create product vision and roadmap
- Works directly with the business capability leads to identify and prioritize user stories aligned with the epics.
- Establish success criteria and measures progress/value delivered
- Decision making authority: Final arbiter of intake requirements and delivery acceptance criteria
- Works with the TPO, scrum team leads and the business capability leads to maximize value from the delivery of the prioritized user stories.
- Work with IT Product Owners and other Business Product Owners on backlog prioritization across business products
- Work with TPO to answer questions and provide guidance to agile team
- Accountable for business product health and ongoing enhancements
- Identify the organizational readiness/Change Management needs
- Evaluates initial approach and refinement before full product release
- Leverages agile approach to building a product by iterating and adjusting with new insights and Ideas
- Accountable for the release of new capability or product with benefit validation
- Support monthly and quarterly metrics to support operational value of product
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Advanced Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Requires a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in information systems or operations environment or MA/MS with 8-12 years of relevant experience. 5-7 years of project management experience preferred; 1-2 years of Pharmacy Benefit Management and/or healthcare experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project, and Windows in a work environment
- Knowledge of and experience in Pharmacy Benefits Management and Healthcare industries preferred
- Proven success leading large, complex enterprise projects to desired outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrable experience in project situations requiring knowledge of scope, cost, and schedule management
- Demonstrable experience in client-facing or client-serving situations
- Proven ability to build and strengthen relationships and build solid networks
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with structured project management techniques
- Experience with software development methodology
- Knowledge of agile methodology and JIRA is a plus
- Demonstrable analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passionate leader with desire to drive transformational change
- Excellent organization skills with ability to multi-task and drive multiple priorities at the same time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and openly communicate status, issues/risks, and challenges presented to project, as well as ability to create clear and concise presentations
- Ability to produce executive-level status reporting
- Large group presentation and speaking experience preferred
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and some travel requirements
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.