Express Scripts Sr. Java Web Services Engineer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
This Sr. Java Web Services Engineer role will be responsible for the development and maintenance of REST based Entity APIs communicating with various underlying business platforms, data repositories and external systems/APIs within Express Scripts business domains. This role uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the design, development and modification of complex Java web service applications. This position is also responsible for the overall architecture, design and implementation of the system and alignment of business requirement(s) to the technical design(s). Strong technical background in Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, SOA/MSA – REST/SOAP, Hibernate/JPA, SQL & No-SQL based data repositories, and related technology stack is required for the success in this role. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
- Drive designs of multiple API(s) solutions that successfully fulfill business needs and provide value to enterprise.Partner with architects to set direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the ESI environment.
- Work on team/solution architecture to ensure solutions are extensible, simple, optimal and scalable.Provide technical excellence and mentor team members.Advise continuous improvement efforts to ensure quality and enhance business value.
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Technical Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Solution Leads and multiple Work streams consuming the API(s).
- Serve as SME for components of the team.Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites.Support efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Support Agile work groups that are responsible for software design, development and quality testing.Resolve urgent and high priority production incidents.Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Experience developing and deploying Java web service applications in an Enterprise scale environment. Strong background in architecture, design and implementation of Services and Enterprise Application Integrations (REST & SOAP based APIs)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA); source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS.
- Experience providing solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong mentoring skills.Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience and a Bachelors’ Degree required
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran.