Express Scripts Sr. Financial Analyst, Pricing in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
This position works in conjunction with the Commercial Division finance team to provide financial and analytical support to Commercial Division clients. Responsible for working directly with account teams and clients to fulfill client requests, maximize upsell opportunity, and model the impact of various company initiatives. The position will proactively review client performance to identify trends, cost drivers, and savings opportunities, and then will develop presentations based on this data to present to the client. Additional work includes managing client guarantee performance, supporting department and company projects, and working to enhance finance team efficiency through the development of improved financial models and best practices. Position will rely heavily on querying databases to fulfill analytical requests.
- Support ad hoc analyses and consultation of Express Scripts clients
- Conduct in-depth analyses to identify client specific trends, explain past program performance, and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Provide clients with plan design consultation and appropriate plan design recommendations through creative modeling and analyses.
- On-going management of a client’s contract to ensure compliance with financial terms.
- Understand margin and performance drives, and support Sr Leadership in business management.
- Participate in department and company projects.
- Develop and improve existing best practices for client support.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience with SQL/SAS/Access a plus.
- Develop Excel models to analyze and explain cost trends.
- Present in front of both small and large groups.
- Create and run queries against Express Scripts database.
- Create PowerPoint presentations that detail financial performance.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
- Demonstrated modeling, trending and forecasting skills.
- Strong business, organizational and communication skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure that spending stays on track and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who will bring outside-the-box thinking to our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.