Express Scripts Software Development Engineer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Clinical Research & New Solutions develops, deploys and manages programs and capabilities rooted in health decision science. This department serves clients and patients through programs and services that support better drug choices, better pharmacy choices, and better health choices. The department includes Knowledge Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Customer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
Knowledge Solutions – Market Analytics:
Provide best-in-class analytics to our customers by creating efficiencies via Self-Service applications, improved processes, and delivering new innovative Business Intelligence solutions to drive new sales, client retention and upsells.
The primary purpose for this role is to provide direct developer support for multiple products within the Knowledge Solutions – Market Analytics department. This role will support multiple efforts from developing new analytical tools to supporting automated processes for analytical capabilities and BI Solutions. In doing so, this role will work cross functionally with multiple areas of the company, including but not limited to, product management and account management. Responsibilities also include: Gathering requirements, supporting delivery of reports, debugging and enhancing new and existing applications and ad-hoc analytic requests.
- Develops small to medium frameworks/libraries to improve the automation of analytical reporting.
- Continually collaborates with the team to refine the development and deployment process via automation and other techniques.
- Provide in-depth technical consultation to business partners and internal teams to ensure development of efficient application systems.
- Manage concerns external to the code – security, operations, performance, inter-service communications, etc.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Ability to work independently, particularly as a member of a virtual or geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant work experience OR a Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of .NET with C# experience in ASP.Net Web and Windows forms
- 3+ years of strong SQL query skills, SQL performance tuning & optimization, SQL Server stored procedures
- Experience with Teradata
- Familiarity with SAS, Python or R is an advantage
- Pharmacy Claim data background is a plus
- Expert in programming, strategic planning, communication and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in working with numerical data and information
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, solve problems, and work in fast paced environment
- Solid communication skills (written & oral) with the ability to prepare clear and concise presentations, technical design/architecture specifications, status and other written artifacts