Express Scripts Professional, Clinical Pharmacist in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Responsible for clinical system support, advisement, and aligning business needs including but not limited to client support, product support, and internal team support (projects/training).
- Serve as business owner to necessary IT projects that involve clinical and drug coverage benefits.
- Advise Internal Partners (IT, etc) on the most efficient way to implement intent within F14 systems.
- Understand client's existing clinical benefit and business philosophy to help avoid unnecessary clarifications.
- Work with internal partners to ensure all implications of requested clinical.benefit requirements are vetted, understood and communicated asnecessary.
- Ability to multi task and communicate effectively.
- Microsoft office with a strong understanding of Excel and Access.
- Written and verbal communication (listening, feedback; translating complex.ideas/processes), collaboration, analytical thinking/critical thinking,results-oriented and organizational skills.
- In depth understanding of operations organizational structure along withroles and responsibilities of departments involved with clinical requesttypes.
- Accurately capture and document clinical benefit requirements in collaboration with IT partners
- Provide excellent customer service and act as a trusted client advisor.
- Work with internal partners to ensure all implications of requested clinical benefit requirements are vetted, understood and communicated as necessary.
- Accountable for timely and accurate translation of client intent into F14 system configuration.Track and communicate status of assigned project task(s) as necessary.
- Identify interdependent functionalities, programs or areas that may be impactedby the request (i.e. member communications, rebates, finance, networks,etc)
- Consult with team members, SMEs and specialized teams as necessary; Benefit Intent Champion, Client Benefit Administrators (CBA), Clinical Application Teams (DCRS, FRS, CRS, Criteria), Account Teams, Product Owners.
- Provide assistance to team members with issues needing clinical interpretation and guidance.
- Translating intent into F14.
- Manages and tracks all requests to ensure timelines are met.
- Develop a deep understanding of claims adjudication system and associated clinical applications.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (highly preferred) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. Advanced clinical experience/training/certifications also preferred.
- Completion of clinical residency or at least 2 years clinical pharmacy experience
- Current US Pharmacist Licensure
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong commitment to clinical services and company goals
- Ability to work with cross functional committees or workgroups.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritization.
- Able to function under stressful situations.
- Clinical expertise and understanding of clinical arena/issues across all points of pharmaceutical care
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.