Express Scripts Financial Analyst in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Financial Analyst works closely with the Manager– Financial Analysis to provide financial support to an assigned business unit. Under general supervision, plans, coordinates and implements financial and business processes to support and enhance the financial management of the assigned business group. Position will have responsibilities related to variance analysis, budgets, and forecasts. The Financial Analyst will also compile, analyze, and present data to clients. Responsible for supporting budget development and addressing operations statistical, business and financial information requests including budget, expenses, variances and year-to-date performance.
- Meet directly with clients on a regular basis in order to utilize financial models to evaluate the rebate and cost impact of implementing existing and potential (new) client formularies.
- Discuss with clients any potential utilization management programs under evaluation to ensure that all modeling and requirements of these programs are accurately evaluated and communicated to Pharmaceutical partners.
- Analyze the financial impact of client requested formulary changes to both the client and Express Scripts.
- Create presentations for client meetings including all supporting documentation.
- Coordinate internal prep meetings with participation from various areas of Express Scripts, including but not limited to Account Management, Pricing, Finance and Pharma Strategy and Contracting.
- Review and model all applicable custom carve out contracts for Express Scripts clients.
- Provide analytic support for rebate contact negotiations
- Interact closely with other areas of Pharma Strategy and Contracting department to insure all manufacturer contract terms are correctly reflected in all models.
- Improve on existing systems and procedures to effectively document and communicate formulary analysis projects. (including maintaining and revising existing financial models).
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years relative work experience; OR 8 – 11 years equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
- Understanding and development history of Net Present Value and Discounted Cash Flow models.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and collect reports.
- Ability to handle analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions.
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
- Demonstrated modeling, trending and forecasting skills.
- Strong business, organizational and communication skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran