Express Scripts Financial Analyst in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
This position works in conjunction with the Commercial Division finance team to provide financial and analytical support to Commercial Division clients. Responsible for working directly with account teams and clients to fulfill client requests, maximize upsell opportunity, and model the impact of various company initiatives. The position will proactively identify client performance trends, cost drivers, and savings opportunities. Candidate will develop findings based on this data and present to the client. Additional work includes managing client guarantee performance, supporting department and company projects, and working to enhance finance team efficiency through the development of improved financial models and best practices. Position will rely heavily on querying databases to fulfill analytical requests.
- Support ad hoc analyses and consultation of Express Scripts clients and industry consultants.
- Conduct in-depth analyses to identify client specific trends, explain past program performance, and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Provide clients with plan design consultation and appropriate plan design recommendations through creative modeling and analyses.
- On-going management of a client’s contract to ensure compliance with financial terms.
- Understand margin and performance drives, and support Sr Leadership in business management.
- Participate in department and company projects.
- Develop and improve existing best practices for client support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related Field with 2-5 years of relevant work experience OR Master’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong business and organizational skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication - present in front of both small and large groups.
- Must be able to explain complex terms in simple ways.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Create and run queries against Express Scripts database.
- Experience with SQL/Access a plus.
- Modeling, trending and forecasting skills a plus.
- Develop Excel models to analyze and explain cost trends.
- Experience with data visualization a plus.
- Create PowerPoint presentations that detail financial performance.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred.
- Up to 10% - 15% travel.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran