Express Scripts Financial Analyst in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Financial Analyst works closely with the Sr Mgr – Financial Analysis to provide financial support to an assigned business unit. Under general supervision, plans, coordinates and implements financial and business processes to support and enhance the financial management of the assigned business group. Position will have responsibilities related to monthly close, variance analysis, budgets and forecasts. Compiles and analyzes data. Responsible for supporting budget development and addressing operations statistical, business and financial information requests including budget, expenses, variances and year-to-date performance.
- Meet directly with clients on a regular basis in order to utilize financial models to evaluate the rebate and cost impact of implementing existing and potential (new) client formularies
- Discuss with clients any potential utilization management programs under evaluation to ensure that all modeling and requirements of these programs are accurately evaluated and communicated to Pharmaceutical partners
- Analyze the financial impact of client requested formulary changes to both the client and Express Scripts
- Create presentations for client meetings including all supporting documentation
- Coordinate internal prep meetings with participation from various areas of Express Scripts, including but not limited to Account Management, Pricing, Finance and Pharma Strategy and Contracting
- Review and model all applicable custom carve out contracts for Express Scripts clients
- Provide analytic support for rebate contact negotiations
- Interact closely with other areas of Pharma Strategy and Contracting department to insure all manufacturer contract terms are correctly reflected in all models
- Improve on existing systems and procedures to effectively document and communicate formulary analysis projects. (including maintaining and revising existing financial models)
- Bachelor Degree, Finance or related area/MBA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8 to 11 years of experience
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong, detail oriented organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills – including Excel, Powerpoint and MS Access, experience with database
- Financial modeling experience
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced – ever changing environment
- Excellent relationship building and cross functional skills
- Travel up to 10%
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Supply Chain - Pharma Strategy & Contracting combines the coordination and management of the company’s key supplier groups under a single management team. Major suppliers include brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.