Express Scripts Financial Analyst, Pricing in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
This Financial Analyst will support financial analyses and consultation of Express Scripts clients. Provide client with plan design consultation and appropriate plan design recommendations through creative modeling and analyses. Conduct in-depth analyses to identify client specific trends, explain past program performance and recommend opportunities for improvement. Present analyses to client as part of Account Management account team. Provide analytical, quantitative, and financial cost modeling assistance in support of Account Management and client objectives. On-going management of a client’s contract to ensure compliance with financial terms. Develop pricing for client renewals and prospects from P&L modeling to overseeing execution of client contract. Manage client profitability to targets and guidelines. Respond to RFP financial requests. Work with Sales and Account Management in creating pricing and product positioning strategies. Assist in the presentation and negotiation of client deals.
- Develop pricing strategy and underwrite offers to win and retain clients while also maximizing profitability
- Conduct analytical, quantitative, and financial cost modeling for clients with varying lines of business including Commercial Employer Groups, Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Health Care Exchange and present to C-level executives
- Work with Sales and Account Management to review, strategize and analyze client renewal and new sales opportunities
- Support Senior Leadership in business management through understanding margin and performance drivers
- Attend client meetings and provide consultative client support by conducting in-depth analyses to identify client specific trends, explain past program performance, and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Provide clients with plan design consultation and appropriate plan design recommendations through creative modeling and analyses
- Negotiate and manage the set-up of a client’s contract to ensure compliance with financial terms and pricing guarantees
- Participate in department and company projects
- Develop and improve existing best practices for client support and financial modeling
- BS in Economics, Statistics, Finance or other quantitative area; MBA a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant financial/analytical experience
- PBM / Managed Care / Healthcare / Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, financial modeling skills a plus
- Excellent PC skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Up to 10% travel
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader.We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran