Express Scripts Data Sales Senior Software Engineer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Sr Software Development Engineer will work very closely with Data Sales Operations with implementing software solutions that will provide increased operational efficiency and improved reliability to Data Sales Operations. The Sr Software Development Engineer will also work with Data Sales Operations with delivering on new data sales requirements. The Sr Software Development Engineer will be responsible for software development, design and quality testing, as well as providing 24 x 7 Production Support. This position will involve the installation and support of software on windows servers, as well as the creation and maintenance of Teradata queries that operate against the Enterprise Information Warehouse.
- Provide technical solutions for Data Sales business needs
- Provide technical automated solutions for manual operation processes
- Work with Data Sales Operation Manager to address and resolve urgent and high production incidents.
- Build new Teradata SQL to extract data needed to deliver on data sales
- Load data to Windows Servers
- Load vendor software to Windows Servers
- Perform required maintenance on Windows Servers
- Perform required maintenance on Teradata jobs
- Partner with the Job Scheduling Team to schedule jobs to run via CA7 on the Mainframe
- Design and build data surveillance jobs
- Partner with Client Connectivity to send data outbound via secured File Transfers
- Provide ‘24 x 7’ Production Support
- Determine root cause of problems and drive resolution. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years relevant experience working with Windows Servers, IBM Mainframe, and Teradata
- Knowledge of Teradata BTEQ SQL coding structures
- Ability to do performance tuning on Teradata database applications.
- Ability to read Teradata DBSQL logs.
- Solid knowledge of the IBM Mainframe
- Experience with Windows automation through batch file scripts (VBScript preferred).
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Ability to provide 24 x 7 Production Support.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED (CONSIDERED A PLUS)
Knowledge of JIRA and the Agile development process
- Knowledge of Health Care and/or PBM industry