Express Scripts Business Systems Analyst II in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Business Systems Analyst II is the primary liaison between the business and IT. Responsibilities include: leading the business users, IT project teams, and external partners to drive decision making and define requirements for application development, ensuring that business needs are being met; creating documentation of business requirements which guide application development efforts, working closely with the business team, development team and quality assurance team to ensure successful implementation of business requirements, and working collaboratively with IT and business partners to resolve issues.
- Perform analysis of business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions, work with Business users and IT project teams to drive decision making and define requirements for application development, ensuring that business needs are being met.
- Complete documentation for business requirements which guide application development efforts, working closely with the Development team and Business teams to ensure successful implementation of business requirements.
- Assist senior team members to support processes and procedures, work independently or with senior team members to provide ongoing support to manage application SLA’s, resolve a majority of the problems and fulfill service requests that do not require application development.
- Assist senior team members with the analysis and recommendations of opportunities to improve application reliability, work independently or with senior team member s to implement solutions that enhance application and infrastructure reliability.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the business requirements process used to define requirements for systems projects, assist with the definition of project scope and create appropriate scope documentation.
- Work with senior team members to perform analysis of compliance vulnerabilities, work with Business and IT teams to eliminate vulnerabilities, work independently or with senior team members to support internal and external audit related activities.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues as needed.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or 8-11 years of relevant experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project).
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong requirements elicitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy melding the here and now with the future – and charting the path to get there? Our strategy and programs team is on the ground level, leading design and implementation of technology delivery and organizational models. From strategizing on innovative technologies and Agile methodologies, to new governance and funding models and identifying strategies to attract remarkable talent, this group drives a key component of our success. Vision and execution starts here.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.