Express Scripts Application Deployment Engineer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
The Application Deployment Engineer has specific responsibilities of leading the platform deployment of Pega and Mainframe based applications. The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Responsible for reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities.
- Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 1 year of experience.
- 7 years relevant experience without Bachelor’s Degree.
- Interest and ability to learn platform deployment technologies involving Pega, Endeavor, JCL and COBOL.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve issues with innovate solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong elicitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Familiarity with healthcare or PBM industry preferred.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 100 million people we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.