Express Scripts Prescription Benefit Specialist in Fairfield, Ohio
This position will handle inbound calls and facilitate outbound calls from/to patients inquiring about their Home Delivery benefit. Explain the advantages of Home Delivery mail order prescription services. Identify patient needs and present savings and convenience of receiving medications via Home Delivery. Accurately complete and document patient interactions and transactions in company databases.
- Member (Patient): Utilizing a consultative sales approach, explain the advantages of home delivery prescription services (mail-order).
- Update conversion requests and provide shipment status to members.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems for all contacts (internal/external) to maintain the quality of the home delivery process, document HIPAA compliance and reduce potential legal concerns.
- Navigate multiple on-line systems to capture and interpret basic patient/physician information and document the information in company data systems.
- Resolve questions and/or issues that may be preventing shipment of an order.
- Uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions.
- Work collaboratively with other Member Choice Center employees to ensure that best practices are shared.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 - 3 years of relevant customer service experience or customer-facing experience
- Call center experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Ability to work the required shift of 10:30AM-7:30PM EST; Monday thru Friday
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate in communicating prescription request clearly
- Ability to provide exceptional listening and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation
- Detailed oriented
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can.
We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM. Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.